PDA

View Full Version : getting nigerians to send you counterfeit cash

BadShovelhead
01-20-2009, 08:15 PM
its so fucking hard to make a post that appeals to nigerians before it gets flagged off craigslist

i dont think it's possible to have bums cash the bogus money orders and checks they will send because they will need photo id

i have heard that they will sometimes send decent quality counterfeit cash on the same basis as money orders (get cash, send western union to nigerian, he then has legit $) but how do you get them to do it?

and where is the best place to get nigerians

SUP4L337
01-20-2009, 08:56 PM
Last time I checked, KFC was a great place.:confused::confused::confused:

GermanyOrFlorida
01-20-2009, 10:36 PM
its so fucking hard to make a post that appeals to nigerians before it gets flagged off craigslist

i dont think it's possible to have bums cash the bogus money orders and checks they will send because they will need photo id

i have heard that they will sometimes send decent quality counterfeit cash on the same basis as money orders (get cash, send western union to nigerian, he then has legit $) but how do you get them to do it?

and where is the best place to get nigerians

Can you list your post here? I could probably help you edit- my ad never fails to pull in at least 4 nigerians every time. I always post my ads on craigslist. It's crawling with Nigerians.

I would say it would be extremely hard to find one that will give you cash. I've only been doing this for a short time now, but i'd say the percentages work out like this:
85% paypal- they send you a fake email from paypal saying you've received moneys
14%check/money order- They send you a realistic looking check or money order that can be cashed, but then it will bounce a few days later (after you have supposedly shipped them the item)
1% cash moneys- Ive never been able to get them to send cash.

First time I got a check, and went downtown to find some one who might cash it for me. This kid (probably like 18) said he'd do it. We went into Cash N Go, but they said they don't take 3rd party checks. We then walked over to his bank(wamu) and also they don't take 3rd party checks. The bank also noted that even if another bank did take the check, they'd have to see BOTH person's ID. So yea, I don't know how Slim or anyone got people to cash these fake checks:confused:

BadShovelhead
01-21-2009, 12:19 AM
I just posted that I had a 2005 Isuzu Amigo for sale, $12799, but people fucking flagged it. I figured it would be good for nigerians and normal people would ignore it, but noooo.

Well, if you can't use their checks, then what good are they?

Unless you manage to set up a fake bank account etc first... sounds like a lot of work for a single check. I'd rather do identity theft.

kracker
01-21-2009, 01:02 AM
I want to see whether I can get some of those amex cheques from those Nigerians. Any other websites than craigslist that should be good to post an email or sale offer on?

bardabag
01-21-2009, 01:55 AM
Can someone explain the jist of this to me? I'm intrigued...

GermanyOrFlorida
01-21-2009, 06:00 AM
Can someone explain the jist of this to me? I'm intrigued...

Slim-ov-derby posted detailed info about this on &T, not sure if it's up on here yet.

But it basically goes like this: Ever notice those warnings on craigslist saying "avoid scams by dealing locally"? Well, let's just say we're going to ignore this warning for this scam.

List an item on craigslist worth a decent amount (high end laptops are good)
A 419 scammer will email you, offering to buy the item
The catch is, they can't meet you to buy the item (ie they'll say they want to buy the laptop for their son who is in peace corps in Africa)
And they'll offer to pay with one of three methods:
Paypal (theyll send you a fake email looking like it's from paypal saying you've received funds)
Check- The check is fake, but it is still cashable. The idea behind this is, you cash the check, get the money, and ship the item. Then days later, the bank calls and holds you responsible for the amount of the check.
Money order- Same as the check. It's totally fake, but looks convincing

It's been said that if you hassle them enough, they will break down and just send fake cash. Counterfeit, but again looks convincing from what I hear.

I think to cash the check, you'd have to set up an anon bank account. not sure on how easy that is though. It would be cool to hear from some one with experience with anon bank accounts to post up some information

driveby
01-21-2009, 07:11 AM
You get a fake ID with someone's personal information, and have the check made out in that name. But fuck nigerians, print fake checks. That is what my homeboy is doing.

nostrumfiend
01-21-2009, 10:49 AM
You get a fake ID with someone's personal information, and have the check made out in that name. But fuck nigerians, print fake checks. That is what my homeboy is doing.

This plan cuts out the middleman and is much more reliable.

GermanyOrFlorida
01-21-2009, 03:34 PM
Butt fuck nigerians... That is what my homeboy is doing.

Fixed.

driveby
01-21-2009, 03:36 PM
Was that a flame?

GermanyOrFlorida
01-21-2009, 03:40 PM
Was that a flame?

ha no, it was supposed to be funny.
On the more serious side... How would one go about making a fake check?
I know magnetic ink...do the codes need to match actual bank accounts and routing numbers or what?

AdamSmokesCrack
01-21-2009, 08:04 PM
do the codes need to match actual bank accounts and routing numbers or what?

I believe they do. I used to work at a grocery store, and when we sent the checks through, it dialed out to an authorization server of some kind. Mostly to see if the check was good or if they were a deadbeat, but I believe if the account number doesn't go to an actual account, you'd get an error.
I know nothing of routing numbers, and yeah, like I said, this is just all from working at a grocery store and having it explained to me once or twice by the tech.